Saturday, February 9, 2013

Play dough


Another of the homemade craft supplies we love at our house is this play dough. So easy to make and it lasts  forever. And just like with the cornflour paint, if my little artist decides to do a taste test, all the ingredients are edible.

I found the recipe at http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Play-Dough-L926.html, but the cream of tartar container also comes with a similar recipe on the side.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup salt
1 cup plain flour
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon oil
food colouring

1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized saucepan.
2. Stir over heat until dough is pliable.
3. Allow to cool and store in a well sealed plastic bag or container.

I divided ours into two and made two different colours. Ours has been stored in the fridge in zip loc bags for quite a few months already and is still fine to use.

I bought a junior cookie set at a discount store that has cookie shapes and different cutters, as well as a rolling pin. We've had hours of fun - Mia especially likes making snakes and balls and instructing me on what animals I should make for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment