Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mia's backpack

After making myself some clothes, I thought it was time to switch back to making stuff for Mia. In an earlier post, I mentioned Nicole Mallalieu's book, 'You Sew Girl'. I love this book! Some of the instructions are a little complex, but there are some gorgeous projects in there.

Another sewing project to mentally prepare myself for something was this little backpack for Mia to take to childcare when she starts soon. Actually, we've used the bag heaps already to take along with us when we go out - it's the perfect size for a change of clothes, sunscreen, hat, drink bottle, snacks and some little toys or mini books for her to play with if we need to keep her occupied somewhere.

I love that the straps are adjustable - as Mia's not really ready to wear a backpack around just yet, it means I can lengthen them to fit me and keep my hands free.


No comments:

Post a Comment