Monday, July 18, 2011

The beginning...

This last month or so has seen the beginning of a "sewing frenzy", as my partner Richard likes to call it. I've always been into crafts and always sewn a little (it's in my blood), but as my now 8-month old Mia and I fall into a more and more comfortable rhythm, I find myself with more time to spare. As a lot of crafty mums who go on maternity leave do, I've entertained the idea of finding that one perfect idea that would mean I wouldn't have to go back to work when my 12 months of leave are up. I haven't yet found that idea, but I haven't given up on it either.


















I think there were some additional factors that have led to the sewing frenzy. We moved house and suddenly had a whole room to dedicate to a shared office and sewing room. And I sadly packed away my almost 60-year old Singer machine and bought a new Janome.













With the Singer I had learnt to sew, and made a few nice pieces of clothing (see pictures below). But as one by one, things began to go wrong with the machine, I knew it was time to replace it. And so began a new sewing era, one where I no longer had to wind on the bobbin by hand and where I could actually lift the machine myself.












USQTDTUERG7P


No comments:

Post a Comment